RE: Why didn't they ask US for help???

Subject: RE: Why didn't they ask US for help???
From: "Victoria Wroblewski" <victoria -dot- wroblewski -at- eagletest -dot- com>
To: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:52:15 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Downing, David
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 10:20 AM
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Why didn't they ask US for help???

> It would have been nice if they'd at least thought
> of asking us, and I'm wondering why they didn't.

1. Politics isn't just something on the evening news. I wouldn't be
surprised if the internal politics would make the IT group think that
they shouldn't even bother to ask (although you'd think it'd be worth it
to have IT "owe you one" when you're on a deadline and you have a PC
crash to deal with).

2. Whoever wrote up the instructions is someone who thinks "it isn't
that hard" to do. I worked one place where that was the situation, and
although it was an ego-blow to the person at first, they were happy to
hear our suggestions and we were happy to help when they asked for input
from the writers.

- V

**This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.**

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/