Re: Website Documentation Procedures - Educating an Employer

Subject: Re: Website Documentation Procedures - Educating an Employer
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:13:00 -0600

What I'm asking for is this (guess I could have explained this a bit better,
eh?)

If someone was going to come to me tomorrow and say "Collin, we need you to
document this web portal we're thinking of building, what is the SOP for
creating user docs for said portal?"

What is a good source of info I can point them to?

Yes, I know the SOP. I've done it many, many times. However, as we all know,
sometimes an outside viewpoint is better than "me" with a large bit of
trout. It would be helpful to have an Industry standard doc pointing to when
in and at what stages it's safe to start actually writing the details of UI,
functionality, etc.

As I stated, the developers are in India and I haven't had a whisper of this
until yesterday...and it launches Oct. 1.

And it's not even being tested yet.

Hehehe...this is Not a software company. They aren't familiar with this type
of thing (don't even have a wireframe...poor souls).

-Collin

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/