RE: Help! Corrupted Word file(?)

Subject: RE: Help! Corrupted Word file(?)
From: "Van Boening, Tammy" <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- chartercom -dot- com>
To: <arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:37:43 -0500

Arroxane,

I feel your pain. I am right there with you using Word 2007 on Vista.
Ok, have you tried the tried and sometimes true method of copying
EVERYTHING in the corrupt file EXCEPT for the LAST paragraph marker and
pasting into a new document? You can then select the paragraph marker
for each style and right-click to add back to your style dictionary.
Also, is auto-save off in your Word options? I promise I won't lecture
as to why auto-save is a BAD thing (well, Word in itself is a BAD thing,
but that goes without saying), but after you copy your Word file, make
sure that in the new file, that auto-save is turned off. Then, save your
new file with a different name, delete the old corrupted file, and then
resave the new file with the name of the deleted file.

HTH (well, this and a good stiff margarita with a double dose of
tequila)

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Curriculum Developer
Charter University
Charter Communications, Inc.
6399 S Fiddler's Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Office: 303.323.6007
Cell: 303-909-5752
tammy -dot- vanboening -at- chartercom -dot- com