Re: WaH

Subject: Re: WaH
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:54:06 -0500

Could be the boss is just verifying to be sure that the work is getting
done. That way, boss person can continue to tell the nosy askee, "Of course
she's getting a lot done. She's on target with her deadlines. Why do you
ask?" I've been in a position to answer that question too, as a supervisor.

I am fortunate--I check my work in frequently into our source control
system, with remarks like "updated two topics; created three new topics;
updated TOC."

One strategy I have tried with some success is to send out "topic" review
copies instead of sections or chapters (or heaven forbid, whole documents!).
I can send those out every day, and my average is about, oh, 20 or more. So
that's a hefty e-mail to the team with a "please review" notice.

:-) I would be tempted to start sending daily reviews in this instance,
because it sounds like *someone* does not have enough to do, and is ISN'T
YOU! LOL

PT

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> Of course, depending on your working relationship
> with your boss, you could ask why what "everyone"
> perceives is such an issue when it is your boss
> who evaluates your performance, in or out of the
> office, and ask wheher he/she is not receiving
> adequate information from you to do that and
> what he/she wants to see to improve that. Or is
> the person raising this to your boss your boss'
> boss?
>
> Gene KIm-Eng

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make
money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them
so well that people can't take their eyes off you."

- Dr. Maya Angelou

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/