Re: Upgrade computer Was (Re: "budget" laptop?)

Subject: Re: Upgrade computer Was (Re: "budget" laptop?)
From: Robert Hodgins <ehodgins -at- telusplanet -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:52:43 -0600

> Situation: I've got a Toshiba Satellite laptop (A215-S4747) I need to
> improve (as inexpensively as possible).
>
> Specs say: AMD Turion 64 x 2 Dual core mobile technology, 1024 MB DDR2
> SDRAM, 200GB HDD

This model can be upgraded to 4 Gb of RAM
(http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Satellite%
20A215-S4747 )

But the website issues a warning:

"How much memory your Windows OS will recognize depends on which version
of Windows you are running. 32-bit versions of Windows will see (and
utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. To utilize more memory, install a 64-bit
version of your OS."

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/