RE: Sharepoint and PDF creation

Subject: RE: Sharepoint and PDF creation
From: "Ole Andersen" <ora -at- dita-exchange -dot- com>
To: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:52:45 +0200

SharePoint 2007 comes with a "document converter" feature that allows you to start a Word session (server side) to produce your PDF document. We have developed and installed this feature in our DITA Exchange solution and it works VERY file.

Point to the file, click a button and a PDF document is delivered to you. Sounds like magic, but it is not :-)

Combine Word with the Word PDF add-in and you have a "PDF-engine". You can even configure the out-put multiple ways using normal Word templates.

Does it meet your needs? Well...

Have a great weekend,
Ole

Best Regards