RE: Searching Text Files

Subject: RE: Searching Text Files
From: "Inbar, Paul" <paul -dot- inbar -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "Ed" <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:38:16 +0300

Hi Ed,

I am not sure I fully understand what you want to do. If you want to
just print out the text between tags, have you considered using XSLT? Do
you know what tags you are interested in? You would then need an xslt
processor such as xsltproc. Does you linux system have one installed?

There are also Perl modules that help with retrieving information from
xml files.

For the recursion, you could use a Perl script to get a list of all the
files, and then call the xslt processor from inside the perl script to
process each file.

Paul