Re: Opinions, please: Document by the Component or by the Tab?

Subject: Re: Opinions, please: Document by the Component or by the Tab?
From: jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:45:14 -0400

I have observed a tendency to abandon task-based documentation at the System Administrator level. The tasks are seen as so ad hoc, fluid and unpredictable that creating reference manuals for the tools available is all we can do. Developers also believe that reference works are all that system administrators would really want. (I'm not arguing in favor of this approach, just observing that it seems fairly common.)

Jim ShaefferÂ

From: "Lin Sims" <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/