Re: injecting a little whimsy into grey text

Subject: Re: injecting a little whimsy into grey text
From: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 07:50:42 +1100

Downing, David wrote:

> I have occasionally indulged in some very subtle touches of humor,
> buried deeply in the text, but usually buried so deeply that no one
> noticed.

My other favorite story on this is from the original
Macintosh Bible. My copy is still in storage so I don't
have the exact text but several years ago I was looking
for something in the index and saw an entry that said
"mah nishtana," which are the opening words in Hebrew
of the four questions that are said during the Passover
seder (home service). When I went to the page, I found
that they had phrased one of the entries like the Passover
questions are phrased. ("Why Is the Mac SE Different From
All Other Macintoshes? All other Macintoshes...") Really
made me laugh.

-- Janice

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/