PCWorld magazine callout styles - how do I?

Subject: PCWorld magazine callout styles - how do I?
From: Rob Hudson <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:15:24 -0400

Hello Everyone,

The latest PC World magazine has some nice image callouts that I *think*
were done in Snagit, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do
them. They magnify a portion of the screen, copy it and put it in a
rounded red box with a red arrow that points to the unmagnified portion
of the screen.

I've got Snagit 9, and can make a rounded rectangle, but it's "too
rounded"; I can't seem to set the rounding to be "less rounded."

Any ideas?

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity! http://www.helpandmanual.com

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Previous by Author: Re: RH 7 - Absolute v. Relative Paths in Hyperlinks
Next by Author: Re: InDesign CS2 file to Web topics?
Previous by Thread: Re: When a SME...
Next by Thread: RE: Info about online Master's degree programs from U.S

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads