Re: What Program Do You Use for Software Documentation?

Subject: Re: What Program Do You Use for Software Documentation?
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:48:28 +1100

> So, I ask as a novice, what software do you all use
> for your technical writing and why?

As a professional communicator, the only important tools I use are ideas,
words and pictures. The software I use is of minor importance.

I could give you a long list of software products I use and it wouldn't be
of much use because you haven't specified what you need to do and what the
environmental constraints are.

Don't let the software decide what you're going to produce. Let your good
sense decide that, based on the audience and the business needs.

Then use the best hardware, software and resources available for that task.

http://www.doctohelp.com