Word '03 - Strange BMP behavior?

Subject: Word '03 - Strange BMP behavior?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:41:15 -0400

Chris Morton wondered: <<Word 2003: I have a scaled BMP image that's
been cropped from the right. It displays a small white anchor when
the graphic is selected. It's formatted with a "square" text wrap
style. The problem is, the graphic insists on aligning itself to the
very top edge of the page; it won't let me drag it into the desired
position. I have a feeling it has to do with the anchor, but Word's
online Help is of no use in educating me. What's going on?>>

Doesn't sound familiar, but those times I've found Word refusing to
do what its graphics settings clearly say it should be doing for a
graphic, there's a simple solution: drag and drop (or cut and paste)
the graphic into a newly inserted 1-cell table. The alignment then
becomes with respect to the table cell instead of the page, and this
overrules whatever glitch Word is using to disobey our formatting
instructions.

If you have access to the original, consider deleting the graphic and
reimporting it. This lets you start with a fresh slate, and can also
solve a world of problems.

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
***Now available*** _Effective onscreen editing_
(http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm)

Print version: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fStoreID=1505747

http://www.doctohelp.com