Re: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95

Subject: Re: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95
From: Deborah Hemstreet <deborah -dot- hemstreet -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:41:10 -0500

Actually, I believe that Sarah is completely right there. It helps to
explain the issue, for example of the Master Document feature never
being fully debugged enough for us to rely on it.

Yet, I have to admit, over the years, I have come to have a respect for
MS Word that I did not have in the beginning. When we take the time to
learn, and learn well, it is an incredibly powerful tool... I've created
documents in it that had others amazed. but it was not really amazing,
it was taking the time to learn, read, test, try, and try again.

I too get frustrated by the seemingly to me unnecessary changes. If an
entire interface is changed, with little of no new functionality, I
often wonder why...

But this gets into marketing and I really do not like marketing hype. I
prefer a straight message that lets me decide what tool is best for my
purposes. But again, as Sarah pointed out, we Tech Writers/Communicators
are not the run of the mill public using or buying these tools.

Just my two thoughts on this election day morning.

Deborah

http://www.doctohelp.com