Re: Tech writers are the new accountants

Subject: Re: Tech writers are the new accountants
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:43:11 -0500

On the other hand, sadly, I have worked with a couple of people in the
past that helps me to understand where these weird stereotypes come
from. When I was first building a team of writers some time ago, a
technical writing placement company sent me an interesting character. He
wrote quite well, only two problems, he only wanted to sit in a dark
room with no lights on (only the computer light), and he preferred
interviewing in his own office, with all the lights off. All the SME's
would come to me and say, "what's wrong with the guy?" In the end we had
to ask for someone else... A small weirdness that no one was able to
handle well. It turned out he was "allergic" to fluorescent lights. If
we'd known from the beginning, we might have been able to make
accommodation.

Ah well... I forgot, I saw that episode of Monk - a hoot!

Have a great week!

Deborah

http://www.doctohelp.com