Re: "Sorry you're not the right fit" - After "all is fine" for 4 weeks

Subject: Re: "Sorry you're not the right fit" - After "all is fine" for 4 weeks
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:03:22 -0800

I've got three startups under my belt as an employee,
about a half dozen others that I did some 1099 work
for on the side. Almost all had the "insane work hour"
profile during their earliest days. The successful ones
all increased headcount and reduced routine work
hours as time passed, and one of them is most likely
going to finance the bulk of my retirement; the ones
that remained in 24/7 firedrill mode have all passed
on (they were my 1099s, and I priced my "exceptional
remuneration" into my rates while the VC was still
flowing).

Gene Kim-Eng