Slight left turn on the path of Re: The cranky user: The importance of documentation

Subject: Slight left turn on the path of Re: The cranky user: The importance of documentation
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:05:10 -0600

I hope the following is relevant to Craig's subject; apologies if I should
have retitled this post more. However, I feel extremely cranky after reading
Maureen Dowd's 11/30/08 column about newspaper articles about local issues
being written on another continent.

This does not mean overseas correspondence, or reporters sending local Near
Eastern etc. news to US papers. It means US papers sending info (videos,
blogs, etc.) to people on another continent, where they rewrite or reformat
or ... and send it back to US newspapers for publication. The "best" part is
that the offshore "writers" don't feel that accuracy is important. All a bit
sci fi to me..

In case you're interested, it's at

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/opinion/30dowd.html?_r=1

Regards,

Kathleen

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Cardimon, Craig <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com> wrote:

> This good article is even more relevant with a few years under its belt:
> The cranky user: The importance of documentation
> <http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-cranky34.html?S_TA
> CT=105AGX08&S_CMP=EDU<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-cranky34.html?S_TACT=105AGX08&S_CMP=EDU>
> >

> This page contains more Cranky User articles:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/web/libraryview.jsp?search_by=Th
> e+cranky+user
>

> Craig Cardimon
>
> Technical Writer
>
> Marketing Systems Group
>
> ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com
>

> *****************************************************************************************************************************************
> Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
> do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any
> attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
> immediately notify the sender by telephone or email reply.
>
> *****************************************************************************************************************************************
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/kathleen%40writefortheuser.com

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com
kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com
kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.doctohelp.com