Re: The Instrument? The instrument?

Subject: Re: The Instrument? The instrument?
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:14:10 -0600

At 2:59 PM -0600 12/9/08, Nancy Allison wrote:
>While "guage" is definitely not correct, I had the painful experience of
>working in a technical environment that spelled the word "gage." It was
>widely accepted, too, and I had to bite the bullet and spell it that
>way. Still a disturbing memory!


Gage is the generally used term in the mechanical engineering field
in reference to various instruments for geometric dimensioning and
tolerancing. i.e. thread gage, depth gage...

And it is an alternative spelling for gauge. If you don't like it,
you may cast your gage and challenge them to unequal combat of wits.


ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Re: The Instrument? The instrument?: From: Nancy Allison

Previous by Author: Re: The Instrument? The instrument?
Next by Author: Re: "Gage"
Previous by Thread: Re: The Instrument? The instrument?
Next by Thread: Re: The Instrument? The instrument?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads