MS W*rd: Search for "Normal" bulleted lists and replace with a dedicated style

Subject: MS W*rd: Search for "Normal" bulleted lists and replace with a dedicated style
From: "Yves Barbion" <yves -dot- barbion -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:47:04 +0100

Hi techwhirlers

A question about Word 2007:

I've got a Word document in which the authors have managed to use bulleted
lists of various levels which all have the "Normal" style. The "bullets"
themselves have all types of symbols (round bullet, dash, square bullet,
triangle, what have you), but that's not that important because I will be
converting the Word file to DITA XML topics anyway. To be able to automate
the conversion, however, I need dedicated styles for these bulleted lists.

So, are there any Word experts on this list who can tell me how to:

1. Search for text which has a specific bullet symbol as autonumbering.
2. Give this text a dedicated style ("Bulleted", "List Item"...) instead
of "Normal".

Preferably in one go with a Search & Replace All?

Thanks in advance.

--
Yves

http://www.doctohelp.com