Re: Camtasia vs Captivate vs other? For quiz

Subject: Re: Camtasia vs Captivate vs other? For quiz
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: "Rob Hudson" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:49:12 -0500

A lot of open variables to this question not the least of which are
â Must it be SCORM compliant/run through an LMS?
â What kinds of questions will be asked (mutliple choice, drag&drop,
essay/short answer, matching, etc.)?
â Is it just the quiz or or are you recording some kind of demo to be
viewed first, or during the quiz?

If it is just the quiz, and since the required output is swf, I be inclined
to just use Flash, but then I already have it on my desktop.
If you are really deciding between Captivate and Camtasia, I'd go with
Captivate it's more of an e-learning product and IMHO the quiz tool are
better than what Camtasia offers.

If you want to go free though, you should check out Xerte from the
University of Nottingham. It's an open source icon-based authoring sytem
for e-learning this is about as extensible as Authorware. It doesn't do the
screen capturing that Captivate or Camtasia does, but then again, it's not
clear from your question wether or not that's a requirement.

Cheers!
Greg

01/01/2009 08:23:04 PM:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I want to design a flash-based quiz, and am deciding between Camtasia
> or Captivate for that purpose. What do you suggest? Is there better
> "quiz" software out there?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com