A Word 2007 doozy (cross-posted)

Subject: A Word 2007 doozy (cross-posted)
From: "Van Boening, Tammy" <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- chartercom -dot- com>
To: <stclwrsig-l -at- mailman -dot- stc -dot- org>, <Discuss -dot- list -dot- rmc -at- mailman -dot- stc -dot- org>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:40:47 -0600

All,

I have been sent a Word 2007 document. The original had track changes
turned on, it was sent round-robin to several reviewers and after
everyone had reviewed it, and had made their edits, the final version
was sent to me. I don't even know if I can explain what I am seeing -

I open the document in Word 2007 and on the Review menu, I select Final
showing Markup, and this is what I see as a result - I do see frames
with comments showing where formatting was changed and I do see lines
through text indicating that the text was deleted; however, for the
remaining text that was either augmented or newly added - each and every
individual paragraph is surrounded by a frame. When I click in a
paragraph of text, I get the borders around it that look like a text
box, but when I double click the text box, I get a FRAME dialog box
opening up and for the text wrapping option, "Around" is selected. I am
stumped. I called my lead reviewer and he "isn't sure what happened." He
said that is just happened when he started using Track Changes in Word
2007 and rather than stop right away and call me to investigate, the
whole flipping 350+ page document was edited this way. This makes
absolutely no sense - why on earth would track changes cause each
paragraph to be wrapped in its own Frame? I have googled until I am blue
in the face, and the real stumper is that frames in Word 2007 are
something that a user must consciously invoke when choosing to wrap a
paragraph around a text in a text box, not just the text box borders. I
cannot edit this document with the correct styles and formatting as a
result because everything is in its own flipping frame - I have to copy
several swaths at a time and paste special as unformatted text into a
new document (to get rid of the frames), then apply formatting. Well,
with a 350+ page document, what should have been a two day project is
now turning into a several week project - and I don't have the bandwidth
or time for that. I have many other client projects besides this one.

Any and all advice and help is sincerely appreciated.

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Curriculum Developer

Charter University

Charter Communications, Inc.

tammy -dot- vanboening -at- chartercom -dot- com

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.

http://www.doctohelp.com