Re: Frontpage Alternative

Subject: Re: Frontpage Alternative
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:54:01 -0600

That looks interesting, Jim. I've been exploring open-source software so
that I can update my website. For anyone who'd like to check them out, W3C
has Amaya

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

with a new release (11). I started out using that, but being a neophyte,
became a bit discouraged at the bug reports. But for someone who knows what
they're doing, it might be just the ticket.

Right now I'm using Aptana Studio, http://www.aptana.com/

which also comes in a Pro, paid version with a suite of associated
high-powered tools. So far, I'm finding the free version works great for my
simple needs.

Of course, YMMV :-)

Regards,

Kathleen