Re: Networking in the NYMetro area.

Subject: Re: Networking in the NYMetro area.
From: "Henry J. Wicko II" <henry -dot- wicko -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:14:43 -0500

The STC WDC Chapter has an open LinkedIn group for members and
nonmembers to join.

See: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=156478

Henry



> --- On Thu, 1/29/09, John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
>
> From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
> Subject: Networking in the NYMetro area.
> To: "List, Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Framer's List" <framers -at- lists -dot- frameusers -dot- com>
> Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 3:04 PM
>
> Hi, guys...hope this isn't out of line for this list, but at times
> like these when everyone says network, network, netwiork, I'd like to
> reach out to the writers in the NY metro area.
>
> Some of us are out of work and looking, and some of you are working
> and trying to stay that way. I'd like to start a "club" that will
> meet in person for the purpose of finding/keeping/referring jobs.
> Maybe we can compare notes, maybe help each other critique each
> other's resumes and portfolios, pasing along opportunities for
> freelance work that may not be a fit for you but good for someone
> esle, yada yada.
>
> It's gotta be better than just sitting home, responding to Dice, and
> otherwise, contemplating our navels.
>
> What do you think? If there is enough interest, I can start up a Yahoo
> group just for this purpose and figure out scheduling for getting
> together maybe every 2 weeks? This is open to both those who are in
> positions and those who are not. Besides...what better way to meet
> socially and since it is job-search related, mostly tax deductable
> (but that's between you and your accountant)
>
> Respond off-list please and for the purpose I'm describing, please be
> in the NY metro area..
>
> --
> John Posada
> Senior Technical Writer
> NYMetro STC President
>
> Looking for the next gig.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/klhra%40yahoo.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
>
>
>
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as henry -dot- wicko -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/henry.wicko%40gmail.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
>



--

| "Just because there isn't a solution, that doesn't mean you can't
find one" |

| "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the
answers." - James Thurber |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
http://www.doctohelp.com

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


References:
Re: Networking in the NYMetro area.: From: Keith Hood

Previous by Author: Re: PowerPoint & System Variables
Next by Author: Re: Camtasia vs Captivate vs other? For quiz
Previous by Thread: Re: Networking in the NYMetro area.
Next by Thread: The unemployment roles has just increased by one


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads