Re: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?

Subject: Re: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?
From: T S <tens00 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Latella, Vincent" <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:23:58 -0500

I do use 3rd level bullets, however it is very rare.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+vincent -dot- latella=saic -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+vincent.latella<techwr-l-bounces%2Bvincent.latella>
> =saic -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
> Behalf Of Downing, David
> Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 11:16 AM
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?
>
> We routinely use second-level nested bullets in our documentation, but
> our policy is to never take it beyond a second level. However, there
> have been times when I saw a need to go to a third level. (I just ran
> into one.) I've been told that when that happens, I need to figure out
> some way of leveling out the hierarchy so I can keep the list to two
> nesting levels. (I think one of my editors once suggested that if I felt
> the need to go to a third level or beyond, I was overthinking.) So I was
> wondering what other folk here do. Do you ever go beyond a second level,
> or do you avoid any nesting at all?
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and
> publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/vincent.latella%40sai
> c.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tens00 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tens00%40gmail.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>
>


--
Tara
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
http://www.doctohelp.com

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


References:
Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?: From: Downing, David
RE: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?: From: Latella, Vincent

Previous by Author: Re: Meetings -- ARRGGHHH!!!
Next by Author: Re: Uplifting reading: Why Technical Writing Jobs Are Among the Best Writing Options in an Economic Depression?
Previous by Thread: RE: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?
Next by Thread: RE: Nested bullets - how many levels deep do you go?


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads