RE: Qualifications for an off shore writer?

Subject: RE: Qualifications for an off shore writer?
From: "Victoria Wroblewski" <victoria -dot- wroblewski -at- eagletest -dot- com>
To: "Julie Stickler" <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:17:15 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Julie Stickler
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:36 PM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Qualifications for an off shore writer?

>Any other idea, suggestions, stories to share about hiring off shore
writers?

The hardest thing about it might be keeping the Powers That Be convinced
that they should be willing to pay for a quality off-shore writer.

I haven't worked with off-shore writers but I did have an experience
with a development team. They originally went for cheap workers, and
they got what they paid for. I think it took the entire team over a
month to resolve a single bug (and they little work they did to do it
did NOT match the time they were given - a single on-site kid fresh
outta college resolved three very similar bugs in a week).

Within another month, we had a new, pricier team in place that actually
produced results.

I hope that they are going with a skilled development team and paying
accordingly, and they should expect do the same with the technical
writer.

- V

**This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.**

http://www.doctohelp.com