Re: Specimen observed in the wild

Subject: Re: Specimen observed in the wild
From: cewinch -at- aep -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:52:12 -0500

Merriam Webster (www.m-w.com) has it opposite: "criterion" singular and
"criteria" plural. Hmm....

Connie Winch
Senior Technical Communicator
American Electric Power
cewinch -at- aep -dot- com

Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+cewinch=aep -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
02/25/2009 12:08 AM

Michael West <WestM -at- conwag -dot- com>
cc

Subject
Re: Specimen observed in the wild

Voitch!

What I've noticed is the people who have finally figured out the plural
of criteria. If you guess that they establish one criteria but two
criterion, you're right!

English plurals are so much fun. "Send me a mongoose. And while you are
at it, send me another."

Does that Australian university also produce the indice, the vertice,
and the matrice?

Michael West wrote:
> I've only recently noticed how many Australians with university degrees
> believe that the singular of "appendices" is "appendice".
> Is this an Australian thing or do you encounter this odd beast in the US

> as well?

http://www.doctohelp.com

once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cewinch -at- aep -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/cewinch%40aep.com

http://www.doctohelp.com