RE: Window terminology

Subject: RE: Window terminology
From: "Technical Writing Plus" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "'Chinell, David F \(GE EntSol, Security\)'" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>, "'Technical Writing'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:07:49 -0600

Screen? Window -or- the window itself? Display?

Jim Jones

-----Original Message-----
The window has a title bar, a menu bar, a tool bar, and a status bar.
The bit in the middle is divided into two panes. But what IS the bit in
the middle called? The body of the window?


ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Window terminology: From: Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)

Previous by Author: RE: EE terms
Next by Author: [techwr-l-daily-announce] TECHWR-L Daily Announcements
Previous by Thread: Re: Window terminology?
Next by Thread: RE: Window terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads