Re: Window terminology?

Subject: Re: Window terminology?
From: "Downing, David" <david -dot- downing -at- fiserv -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:03:06 -0600

From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Subject: Re: Window terminology?

What are elevator bars? Do you mean scroll bars?


I think "elevator bar" is a Mac term.

(Actually, it kind of sounds like a place where you can get a martini on your way to the 25th floor.)

David Downing
Senior Technical Writer
Credit Union Solutions


ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:


Previous by Author: Poorly designed software (was RE: HyperSnap DX question)
Next by Author: RE: Poorly designed software (was RE: HyperSnap DX question)
Previous by Thread: RE: Poorly designed software (was RE: HyperSnap DX question)
Next by Thread: Re: Window terminology?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads