Re: Subcontractors and billing

Subject: Re: Subcontractors and billing
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Jeff2 -dot- 0 -at- modestsystems -dot- com
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 06:03:56 -0500

Jeff.
I haven't been in that particular position myself yet (needing to hire an
additional writer under my own aegis), however, from looking at what some of
the companies do for whom I've worked/contracted, they bill the client for
"project management" time at a greatly increased rate (on the order of
150/hour based on your rates below) which includes managing yourself and the
second writer from a doc department management perspective.

Most contract houses take at least 15% off the rate they charge the client,
and its for administrative stuff only (like filing with the IRS and issuing
the subcontractor a paycheck independently of when the client pays them).

Regards,
Wendy

http://www.doctohelp.com