Creating new "files" in Blaze (was: Review of MadCap Blaze)

Subject: Creating new "files" in Blaze (was: Review of MadCap Blaze)
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: Technical Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, quills -at- airmail -dot- net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:45:18 -0400

Scott wondered: <<How do you create a new file in Blaze? When I looked
at it I couldn't create a new file. I had to import a file from some
other source.>>

Depends what you mean by "file". If you're talking about the
collection of topics (a project) that will eventually be compiled into
one or more publications, you can do this right from the opening
screen, by specifying that you want to create a new project. If you're
talking about a topic within a project that's already open for
revision, open the Project menu and select "Add Topic".

As I note in my review, Blaze is large and powerful, and therefore
complex -- but no more so than RoboX or any of the other big programs
we use. Part of the complexity is that they do things differently from
ways you might be more familiar with. Once you figure out where
everything's hidden, getting proficient with the software is a matter
of practicing until things become as reflexive as they already are
with familiar software.

Geoff Hart (www.geoff-hart.com)
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
Effective Onscreen Editing:
http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm

http://www.doctohelp.com