RE: Is 'one or more' correct, or should it be 'one or many'

Subject: RE: Is 'one or more' correct, or should it be 'one or many'
From: "Rochelle McAndrews" <rmcandrews -at- csiu -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:07:29 -0400

Liza wondered >
"I'd like to know if it is correct to say, for example: Select one or
more items from the list. Or should it be: Select one or many items from
the list. Because in Chicago Manual of Style, 'more' is used more in
comparative adjective."
For fields with drop-down lists, our software typically has a "one,
some, or blank-for-all" functionality so we write something like:
"Select the bucket or multiple buckets for which the report should be
generated; leave blank to include items in all buckets."
We provide a pop-up link on "multiple buckets" to explain for novice
users how to select multiples. Experienced users know how to select more
than one bucket so have no need to click on the link text.
If describing the report's contents, we'll write:
"The Bucket/Item report lists items in the specified bucket(s)."
This message may contain privileged, confidential information that is
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message or if it does not apply to you or your
organization, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such a
case, please delete this message and reply to the sender immediately. Thank
you.

http://www.doctohelp.com