RE: Question for Flare Users

Subject: RE: Question for Flare Users
From: <laura_johnson -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:25:01 -0600

Hi Rick,
Sorry if some things about my post confused you.
To clarify a couple of points:
- The bullet points in my post came from two of us. I had recent RoboHelp experience when I began using Flare two years ago; I was using RoboHelp X5 at the time. My colleague was the first-time user with no RoboHelp experience for about ten years.
- I'm well aware that RoboHelp has evolved since X5, though I'm not familiar with the more recent versions. I should have put a timeline on my experience. Again, I adopted Flare just over two years ago, and transitioned from RoboHelp X5 to Flare. This post summarizes my experience and is not intended to predict the experience of someone adopting Flare today.

You asked about this comment:
'"We stopped complaining after a week or two of steady use."
Does this mean that you just became used to not knowing what you were looking at and you simply accepted that basic things didn't do what was expected? ;)'

No, it means we adjusted our expectations; that is, we began expecting the Flare behavior as we became accustomed to it. In other words, the Flare behaviors did not seem (to us) inherently inferior to the RoboHelp behaviors, they just annoyed us at first because they were different. I certainly haven't been using the product for two years "not knowing what [I am] looking at". ;)

regards
-Laura

http://www.doctohelp.com