RE: Telecommute: Thanks!

Subject: RE: Telecommute: Thanks!
From: Heidi Colonna <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <magk -at- mindspring -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:54:33 -0500


Hi Gina,
I've held three jobs that allowed me to telecommute. The first two were with the dot com companies back in the 90's. No doubt, those companies were VERY flexible - as long as you got the work done, they didn't care where you worked.
I am currently contracting and telecommuting full-time. A friend who had left my previous employer contacted me about doing side work for him, which I started doing in August. In December, I got laid off from my full-time job. I am now contracting (telecommuting) full-time for the company I was doing part-time work for.
To sum it up, my experience has been that the younger companies and/or smaller companies are more mature in their thought process about telecommuting. The larger companies aren't quite there yet - in my experience. Typically, as others have noted, the larger companies want a business plan and meetings to determine if it's "OK" to telecommute, which to me is a tremendous waste of time.
One last comment ...telecommuting is wonderful, but I do believe face to face contact with you colleagues on a regular basis is important. I voluntarily go into the office once a week for some face to face.

> Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:26:04 -0400
> From: magk -at- mindspring -dot- com
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: Telecommute: Thanks!
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions. Please keep them coming.
> Gina King
>
> -----Original Message-----
>>From: techwr-l-request -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Sent: May 5, 2009 2:00 AM
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Subject: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 43, Issue 5
>>
>>Send TECHWR-L mailing list submissions to
>> techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l
>>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> techwr-l-request -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>You can reach the person managing the list at
>> techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>than "Re: Contents of TECHWR-L digest..."
>>
>>
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>http://www.doctohelp.com
>>
>>Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>http://www.helpandmanual.com
>>
>>---
>>
>>
>>Today's Topics:
>>
>> 1. PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram (Greg Brown)
>> 2. Docbook profiles conditioning (J. H. Koonce)
>> 3. Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram (Mike Starr)
>> 4. Re: telecommute (Gene Kim-Eng)
>> 5. RE: telecommute (Cardimon, Craig)
>> 6. RE: telecommute (Latella, Vincent)
>> 7. Re: telecommute (Suzette Leeming)
>> 8. Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram (Jay Maechtlen)
>> 9. Re: Tools: Free image-processing software (Jay Maechtlen)
>> 10. Re: telecommute (Chris Morton)
>> 11. recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ? (Monique Semp)
>> 12. Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram (Robert Lauriston)
>> 13. Recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ? (Geoff Hart)
>> 14. RE: recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ?
>> (Lauren M. LeDuc)
>> 15. RE: Amazing what you can do with paper prototypes (Combs, Richard)
>> 16. Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram (Robert Lauriston)
>>
>>
>>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 1
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:41:05 +1000
>>From: "Greg Brown" <greg -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- com -dot- au>
>>Subject: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID:
>> <4A7A2120936F6A4F9C324B486C670198025FCC2F -at- melbmail -dot- pronto -dot- com -dot- au>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>>In several of our manuals (authored in Word) there is a Visio diagram
>>included in the introductory section. This diagram will typically be a
>>fairly simple flow chart including arrows, text and shapes. The flow
>>chart is used to indicate the series of steps included in the manual.
>>However, almost all of the time that I create a PDF from the Word
>>document, the Visio diagram is included in the PDF without any of the
>>text. It is definitely there in the diagram and shows in the Word
>>document, but is nearly always missing from the PDF.
>>I have tried a few things like sending the text to front etc but doesn't
>>seem to fix the problem.
>>
>>Has anyone seen this and know what the problem is?
>>
>>Tools used:
>>
>>Adobe Acrobat Standard 7 (Version 7.1.1)
>>Word 2002 SP3
>>Windows XP SP2
>>Visio 2003
>>
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Greg
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 2
>>Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 05:15:45 -0400
>>From: "J. H. Koonce" <ectdocuments -at- netscape -dot- net>
>>Subject: Docbook profiles conditioning
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID: <8CB9AB00A82A7D6-204-C2E -at- webmail-me07 -dot- sysops -dot- aol -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; format=flowed
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am working with Docbook XML to produce rather large documents with
>>heavy segmentation. However, this is starting to prove problematic
>>because managing the segmentation within the single source files
>>requires a large degree of profiling.
>>We now primarily use ?include? syntax to include images, sections and
>>OEM sensitive information; does anyone know of an ?exclude? syntax
>>which could simplify our process? Or perhaps is there an advantage to
>>using DITA instead of Docbook? Sorry if I am vague about the problem,
>>but I realize that not everyone is very familiar with Docbook. Please
>>feel free to ask any questions.
>>
>>Any suggestions would be most welcome.
>>
>>Regards,
>>J. H. Koonce
>>
>>________________________________________________________________________
>>AOL eMail auf Ihrem Handy! Ab sofort k?nnen Sie auch unterwegs Ihre AOL
>>email abrufen. Registrieren Sie sich jetzt kostenlos.
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 3
>>Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 05:45:26 -0500
>>From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID: <49FEC746 -dot- 2030202 -at- writestarr -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>>I've seen this problem as well. Don't know why it happens but I have managed to resolve it (although sometimes the resolution is only temporary) by modifying the size of the image on the page immediately before creating the PDF.
>>--
>>Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
>>Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
>>Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
>>(262) 694-1028 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com
>>
>>Greg Brown wrote:
>>> In several of our manuals (authored in Word) there is a Visio diagram
>>> included in the introductory section. This diagram will typically be a
>>> fairly simple flow chart including arrows, text and shapes. The flow
>>> chart is used to indicate the series of steps included in the manual.
>>> However, almost all of the time that I create a PDF from the Word
>>> document, the Visio diagram is included in the PDF without any of the
>>> text. It is definitely there in the diagram and shows in the Word
>>> document, but is nearly always missing from the PDF.
>>> I have tried a few things like sending the text to front etc but doesn't
>>> seem to fix the problem.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this and know what the problem is?
>>>
>>> Tools used:
>>>
>>> Adobe Acrobat Standard 7 (Version 7.1.1)
>>> Word 2002 SP3
>>> Windows XP SP2
>>> Visio 2003
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Greg
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 4
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 07:28:09 -0700
>>From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: telecommute
>>To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID: <0B608DD57B624568B182490BF35D4579 -at- genekoptx2>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>> reply-type=original
>>
>>I'm hoping that I will be able to retire before I am. To date I've managed to
>>maintain some measure of direct, face-to-face relationship with everyone I've
>>managed, even those half a world away. That's probably the thing that has helped
>>me avoid becoming the kind of manager who can think of subordinates as
>>interchangable cogs that can be shuffled or jettisoned without a second thought.
>>
>>Gene Kim-Eng
>>
>>
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Elaine Garnet" <2egarnet -at- rogers -dot- com>
>>> I would never have thought twenty or thirty years ago that I would be part of
>>> a virtual company.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 5
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 11:27:10 -0400
>>From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
>>Subject: RE: telecommute
>>To: "Sarah Stegall" <sstegall -at- bivio -dot- net>
>>Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID:
>> <19C7D9BC73C7914BAB5D21A6C05F2AD7037C5B0C -at- Delmar2 -dot- m-s-g -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
>>
>>> Unfortunately no matter how logical and sensible the reasons for
>>> telecommuting may be, even companies who are innovative and tech-savvy
>>shy
>>> away from it. My company makes network appliances; we're wired to the
>>max
>>> with high-bandwidth access from anywhere. Yet this very week,
>>management
>>> sent out a memo reminding us that telecommuting is the exception, not
>>the
>>> rule. This applies to tech writers like me, even though at least half
>>of
>>> my work is done better from home, where there are no distractions.
>>Alas,
>>> what I call "distractions", management tends to call "networking",
>>> "meeting time" and "face time". And management also thinks it is
>>> demoralizing for those who come to work to find empty cubicles
>>everywhere.
>>> So the real, actual needs of the workforce (telecommuting), which
>>would
>>> probably result in greater productivity, must give way to the
>>insecurities
>>> and neuroses of management.
>>
>>Agreed. I am lucky enough to telecommute one day a week. No one offered
>>it to me. I saw others doing it and I had to make a business case for
>>it. Others in my company do it more often, but some of these people say
>>they struggle for recognition. I think if a company is begun on the
>>principal of the virtual office, telecommuting will be an everyday
>>thing. Otherwise, not so much.
>>*****************************************************************************************************************************************
>> Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
>> do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
>> immediately notify the sender by telephone or email reply.
>>*****************************************************************************************************************************************
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 6
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:15:34 -0400
>>From: "Latella, Vincent" <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>
>>Subject: RE: telecommute
>>To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID:
>> <2131072AB2142D4DB1D8B979446D73F80308D66A -at- 0015-its-exmb10 -dot- us -dot- saic -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>>"Agreed. I am lucky enough to telecommute one day a week. No one offered
>>it to me. I saw others doing it and I had to make a business case for
>>it. Others in my company do it more often, but some of these people say
>>they struggle for recognition. I think if a company is begun on the
>>principal of the virtual office, telecommuting will be an everyday
>>thing. Otherwise, not so much."
>>
>>
>>
>>Just out of curiosity, how did you (or any of the other TECHWR-Lers out
>>there) go about making "a business case for it?"
>>
>>I am toying with the idea of moving to two hours from my current place
>>of work, and before I *really* start looking, I am preparing to discuss
>>it with my manager to see if a partial telecommute schedule is even an
>>option.
>>
>>It's not unprecedented here; one of my colleagues lives four hours away
>>and comes into the office three days per week (staying at his in-laws'
>>near work two nights), and works at home on Monday and Friday.
>>
>>While I can easily put together a case explaining how such an
>>arrangement wouldn't diminish my productivity, I'd probably have a hard
>>time coming up with reasons as to how it would *benefit* the company.
>>Nobody telecommutes 100% here, so everyone has an office or a cubicle.
>>That said, it's not like they'd be saving on space.
>>
>>Anyway, I was just curious as to how you brought it up, and what your
>>justification entailed.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 7
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:01:52 -0400
>>From: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: telecommute
>>To: "Latella, Vincent" <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>
>>Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID:
>> <86656a5c0905041201h18687aeel2f05895c9d35f920 -at- mail -dot- gmail -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>>Initially, I had telecommuted because I knew the owners of the company and
>>they wanted me. I said, "If you allow me to work from home, you've got a
>>deal".
>>
>>In my next job, the company had a high degree of turnover in their
>>development staff, and I was often heard to exclaim, "If we have no
>>developers, you won't be needed me too much longer." My manager later asked
>>if there was anything that would convince me to leave. I told her that if I
>>could find a company that would allow me to telecommute, I'd be gone in a
>>flash.
>>
>>I then gave that manager a copy of the Smart Valley Telecommuting Guide,
>>which does a very good job of explaining the implementation of telecommuting
>>policies, measurements, etc. I also did a business plan, showing how I'd be
>>more productive because of the lack of commuting (plus the time we take to
>>dress up, put makeup on, etc.) and the problems we face with each Canadian
>>winter (unable to make it to work, taking my life into my own hands, etc.)
>>There was also electricity to be saved, floor space (for a crowded
>>department), etc. Plus all the intangible stuff life Life/Work Balance,
>>Employee Satisfaction, etc.
>>
>>So, not only did I tell her the benefits of allowing me to telecommute, I
>>also gave her what she needed as a manager to manage a remote employee,
>>measurements of success/failure, etc.
>>
>>Two weeks later, a telecommuting agreement showed up on my desk.
>>
>>If I still had a copy of the business plan I prepared, I'd send it to you,
>>but that was over 10 years ago, and I have no idea if Ikept it.
>>
>>Suzette Leeming
>>Stouffville, Ontairo
>>On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Latella, Vincent
>><VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>wrote:
>>
>>> "Agreed. I am lucky enough to telecommute one day a week. No one offered
>>> it to me. I saw others doing it and I had to make a business case for
>>> it. Others in my company do it more often, but some of these people say
>>> they struggle for recognition. I think if a company is begun on the
>>> principal of the virtual office, telecommuting will be an everyday
>>> thing. Otherwise, not so much."
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Just out of curiosity, how did you (or any of the other TECHWR-Lers out
>>> there) go about making "a business case for it?"
>>>
>>> I am toying with the idea of moving to two hours from my current place
>>> of work, and before I *really* start looking, I am preparing to discuss
>>> it with my manager to see if a partial telecommute schedule is even an
>>> option.
>>>
>>> It's not unprecedented here; one of my colleagues lives four hours away
>>> and comes into the office three days per week (staying at his in-laws'
>>> near work two nights), and works at home on Monday and Friday.
>>>
>>> While I can easily put together a case explaining how such an
>>> arrangement wouldn't diminish my productivity, I'd probably have a hard
>>> time coming up with reasons as to how it would *benefit* the company.
>>> Nobody telecommutes 100% here, so everyone has an office or a cubicle.
>>> That said, it's not like they'd be saving on space.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I was just curious as to how you brought it up, and what your
>>> justification entailed.
>>>
>>>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>
>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> or visit
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/suzette.leeming%40gmail.com
>>>
>>>
>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 8
>>Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:21:14 -0700
>>From: Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net>
>>Subject: Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>To: Greg Brown <greg -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- com -dot- au>
>>Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID: <49FF402A -dot- 9040306 -at- covad -dot- net>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>>Word and Visio have some issues there.
>>Best approach I have is to create EMF from Visio, then use the EMF in
>>Wierd. (uh, Word)
>>cheers
>>Jay
>>
>>Greg Brown wrote:
>>> In several of our manuals (authored in Word) there is a Visio diagram
>>> included in the introductory section. This diagram will typically be a
>>> fairly simple flow chart including arrows, text and shapes. The flow
>>> chart is used to indicate the series of steps included in the manual.
>>> However, almost all of the time that I create a PDF from the Word
>>> document, the Visio diagram is included in the PDF without any of the
>>> text. It is definitely there in the diagram and shows in the Word
>>> document, but is nearly always missing from the PDF.
>>> I have tried a few things like sending the text to front etc but doesn't
>>> seem to fix the problem.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this and know what the problem is?
>>>
>>> Tools used:
>>>
>>> Adobe Acrobat Standard 7 (Version 7.1.1)
>>> Word 2002 SP3
>>> Windows XP SP2
>>> Visio 2003
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>
>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as techwriter -at- covad -dot- net -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/techwriter%40covad.net
>>>
>>>
>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________
>>> No viruses found in this incoming message
>>> Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.6.4
>>> http://www.iolo.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>--
>>Jay Maechtlen
>>626 444-5112 office
>>626 840-8875 cell
>>www.laserpubs.com
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 9
>>Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:29:42 -0700
>>From: Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net>
>>Subject: Re: Tools: Free image-processing software
>>To: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
>>Cc: CEL <copyediting-l -at- listserv -dot- indiana -dot- edu>, TECHWR-L Writing
>> <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID: <49FF4226 -dot- 5030906 -at- covad -dot- net>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>>Looks like an interesting feature set.
>>Appears to be quite different from Gimp, PaintWhatsit, or Photo Whatever.
>>Not (just) for making 'pretty pictures'.
>>
>>wow- look at the plugins....
>>
>>cheers
>>Jay
>>
>>Geoff Hart wrote:
>>> For those of us who must occasionally grapple with graphics, NIH has
>>> made available their ImageJ software (http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/). I
>>> won't have a chance to download and play with this for many weeks, but
>>> it looks cool, and the price (free) is certainly right. It's designed
>>> for use by scientists, so downloader beware!
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Geoff Hart (www.geoff-hart.com)
>>> ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Effective Onscreen Editing:
>>> http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>
>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as techwriter -at- covad -dot- net -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/techwriter%40covad.net
>>>
>>>
>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>--
>>Jay Maechtlen
>>626 444-5112 office
>>626 840-8875 cell
>>www.laserpubs.com
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 10
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:32:06 -0700
>>From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: telecommute
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID:
>> <746d910c0905041232o63e5a926r852c5f0e8c362df8 -at- mail -dot- gmail -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>>Looks like a lot of great resources online found by Googling on that title:
>>
>>http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS293US293&q=Smart+Valley+Telecommuting+Guide
>>
>>> Chris
>>
>>On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Suzette Leeming
>><suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>wrote:
>>
>>> Initially, I had telecommuted because I knew the owners of the company and
>>> they wanted me. I said, "If you allow me to work from home, you've got a
>>> deal".
>>>
>>> In my next job, the company had a high degree of turnover in their
>>> development staff, and I was often heard to exclaim, "If we have no
>>> developers, you won't be needed me too much longer." My manager later asked
>>> if there was anything that would convince me to leave. I told her that if I
>>> could find a company that would allow me to telecommute, I'd be gone in a
>>> flash.
>>>
>>> I then gave that manager a copy of the Smart Valley Telecommuting Guide,
>>> which does a very good job of explaining the implementation of
>>> telecommuting
>>> policies, measurements, etc. I also did a business plan, showing how I'd be
>>> more productive because of the lack of commuting (plus the time we take to
>>> dress up, put makeup on, etc.) and the problems we face with each Canadian
>>> winter (unable to make it to work, taking my life into my own hands, etc.)
>>> There was also electricity to be saved, floor space (for a crowded
>>> department), etc. Plus all the intangible stuff life Life/Work Balance,
>>> Employee Satisfaction, etc.
>>>
>>> So, not only did I tell her the benefits of allowing me to telecommute, I
>>> also gave her what she needed as a manager to manage a remote employee,
>>> measurements of success/failure, etc.
>>>
>>> Two weeks later, a telecommuting agreement showed up on my desk.
>>>
>>> If I still had a copy of the business plan I prepared, I'd send it to you,
>>> but that was over 10 years ago, and I have no idea if Ikept it.
>>>
>>> Suzette Leeming
>>> Stouffville, Ontairo
>>> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Latella, Vincent
>>> <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> "Agreed. I am lucky enough to telecommute one day a week. No one offered
>>>> it to me. I saw others doing it and I had to make a business case for
>>>> it. Others in my company do it more often, but some of these people say
>>>> they struggle for recognition. I think if a company is begun on the
>>>> principal of the virtual office, telecommuting will be an everyday
>>>> thing. Otherwise, not so much."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Just out of curiosity, how did you (or any of the other TECHWR-Lers out
>>>> there) go about making "a business case for it?"
>>>>
>>>> I am toying with the idea of moving to two hours from my current place
>>>> of work, and before I *really* start looking, I am preparing to discuss
>>>> it with my manager to see if a partial telecommute schedule is even an
>>>> option.
>>>>
>>>> It's not unprecedented here; one of my colleagues lives four hours away
>>>> and comes into the office three days per week (staying at his in-laws'
>>>> near work two nights), and works at home on Monday and Friday.
>>>>
>>>> While I can easily put together a case explaining how such an
>>>> arrangement wouldn't diminish my productivity, I'd probably have a hard
>>>> time coming up with reasons as to how it would *benefit* the company.
>>>> Nobody telecommutes 100% here, so everyone has an office or a cubicle.
>>>> That said, it's not like they'd be saving on space.
>>>>
>>>> Anyway, I was just curious as to how you brought it up, and what your
>>>> justification entailed.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>>
>>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>>> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>>> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>>
>>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>>> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>>> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>>> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>>
>>>> ---
>>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>> or visit
>>>>
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/suzette.leeming%40gmail.com
>>> >
>>>>
>>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>>
>>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>>
>>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>>
>>>>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>
>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> or visit
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/salt.morton%40gmail.com
>>>
>>>
>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 11
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:26:23 -0700
>>From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
>>Subject: recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ?
>>To: "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID: <380-22009514202623562 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>>
>>I'm thinking I remember a recent thread about people "hiding" their name and/or company info in rarely used paragraph or char styles in a template, with the intent of being able to later track down/prove that they were the one who created said template.
>>
>>Anyone know whether it was on this list or not? And if yes, do you have the thread's subject name so I could re-read the info?
>>
>>TIA,
>>-Monique
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 12
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:04:03 -0700
>>From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID:
>> <1c13e71c0905041404g5d5350b8p3c7256b08d7a87ae -at- mail -dot- gmail -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>>That's basically the same solution I've used the several times I've
>>encountered bad PDF output from Visio diagrams embedded in FrameMaker,
>>though I use AI or EPS, since I've had nothing but trouble with
>>Windows metafiles.
>>
>>On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net> wrote:
>>> Word and Visio have some issues there.
>>> Best approach I have is to create EMF from Visio, then use the EMF in
>>> Wierd. (uh, Word)
>>> cheers
>>> Jay
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 13
>>Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:04:55 -0400
>>From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
>>Subject: Recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ?
>>To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>,
>> monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net
>>Message-ID: <39636BCE-E759-4D5F-A85E-E346F6E64CB3 -at- videotron -dot- ca>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes
>>
>>Monique Semp wondered: <<I'm thinking I remember a recent thread about
>>people "hiding" their name and/or company info in rarely used
>>paragraph or char styles in a template, with the intent of being able
>>to later track down/prove that they were the one who created said
>>template.>>
>>
>>I don't recall it being discussed here, but it seems like you could do
>>this easily enough by creating a style named (for example)
>>ZbyMonique2009 so that the style name appears at the end of the list
>>of styles, where nobody is ever likely to find it. If you define but
>>don't use the style, it appears way down at the end; if you set Word
>>to display "only styles in use", it won't even appear in the list.
>>
>>But there are other ways. Just about nobody seems to know that Word
>>offers a document properties feature (under the File menu) that lets
>>you define all kinds of useful stuff, such as the title, creator name,
>>and organization. Those who do rarely look under the "Contents" or
>>"Custom" tabs, so both would be good places to hide the information...
>>particularly if you put "created by" in the Summary tab, so a careless
>>thief would delete your name there and never look farther.
>>
>>Another great trick is to type your name in the footer, and change the
>>text color to white. Most would-be pirates won't see it even if they
>>think to look there.
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Geoff Hart (www.geoff-hart.com)
>>ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Effective Onscreen Editing:
>>http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 14
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 17:15:52 -0400
>>From: "Lauren M. LeDuc" <lleduc -at- designnettech -dot- com>
>>Subject: RE: recent thread - hiding info in Word templates ?
>>To: <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID: <20090504210821 -dot- EEZI732 -dot- dukecmmtar03 -dot- coxmail -dot- com -at- LaurenPC>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
>>
>>
>>
>>Monique Semp wondered...."I'm thinking I remember a recent thread about
>>people "hiding" their name and/or company info in rarely used paragraph or
>>char styles in a template, with the intent of being able to later track
>>down/prove that they were the one who created said template.
>>Anyone know whether it was on this list or not? And if yes, do you have the
>>thread's subject name so I could re-read the info?"
>>
>>Yes, it was here, see below. I'm sure you can search the archives with this
>>info to find the rest of the conversation.
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: techwr-l-bounces+lleduc=designnettech -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+lleduc=designnettech -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
>>Behalf Of Evans, Diane L (Rosetta)
>>Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:32 PM
>>Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Subject: RE: Sample document creation for contract position
>>
>>This is the advice that I gave the other woman on how to "copyright"
>>documents:
>>
>>
>>
>>Most people who are dumb enough to steal an electronic file also don't
>>know a lot about Microsoft Word. Here are some ways to "prove" that the
>>template once belonged to you:
>>
>>1. Make a character style called "MyName" and have it identical to
>>Normal. Use it for random words in the document. Chances are, any
>>copy-and-paste will preserve the style. Even if a new style is created
>>later on that replaces it, the style should still hang around in the
>>template.
>>
>>2. Make a picture that is maybe 2 pixels by 2 pixels. It should be
>>totally white, and named "MyNameSpace" or something similar. Use this
>>picture liberally through your template.
>>
>>3. Before handing off a template to someone, be sure that you have put a
>>watermark in the background, "This template is copyrighted by MyName."
>>Don't have it so large that it overwhelms the template, but have it
>>large enough to be noticed.
>>
>>If you do all three of these things, the person receiving the template
>>would probably figure out how to remove the watermark, but not notice #1
>>and #2.
>>
>>Several years ago, I heard of similar techniques for getting a resume
>>noticed. One was to put key words in 1 point font and use this for
>>dotted lines in the resume. The other was to format the key words in
>>white and use them for spaces between lines. In either case, an
>>electronic search would bring your resume floating to the top of the
>>pile.
>>
>>Lesson learned on the dangers of handing over templates to a
>>non-employer; time to just move on.
>>
>>Diane Evans, who has a love-hate relationship with Word.
>>Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
>>information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station,
>>New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
>>outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
>>MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
>>available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
>>confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
>>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
>>message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
>>message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
>>then delete it from your system.
>>
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
>>solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
>>HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
>>http://www.doctohelp.com
>>
>>Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
>>authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
>>once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>
>>---
>>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as lleduc -at- designnettech -dot- com -dot-
>>
>>To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>or visit
>>http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/lleduc%40designnettech.co
>>m
>>
>>
>>To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>
>>Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>
>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>>Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.21/2014 - Release Date: 03/20/09
>>06:59:00
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 15
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:55:20 -0600
>>From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
>>Subject: RE: Amazing what you can do with paper prototypes
>>To: <beelia -at- pacbell -dot- net>
>>Cc: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
>>Message-ID:
>> <2D6EB362BFB0CC4A95CC3FC0C2F19F867FBC2C -at- wstexch03 -dot- westminster -dot- polycom -dot- com>
>>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>>Beelia wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks - I'm adding this one to my collection of great web animation!
>>>
>>> I almost missed it, though. Is anyone else sick of those tedious Doc-
>>> to-Help
>>> and Help & Manual ads? Are these HATT advertisements? I've always
>>> wondered
>>> why I am constantly having to scroll past them.
>>
>>Um, no, you _aren't_ "constantly having to scroll past them." They
>>appear at the _bottom_ of each list message, below a row of carets that
>>marks the end of the poster's message. The message itself is _above_
>>them.
>>
>>I assume your eye jumped to them in this instance because Stuart's
>>message consisted of a single line. (Get a sig, Stuart! ;-) )
>>
>>And yes, they're HATT ads (which should be pretty clear from reading
>>them). They help pay for this list, which requires an income source to
>>exist, isn't government-owned, and has not qualified for bailout funds
>>or an earmark.
>>
>>Would you prefer it if Techwr-l charged an annual subscription?
>>
>>Richard
>>
>>
>>Richard G. Combs
>>Senior Technical Writer
>>Polycom, Inc.
>>richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
>>303-223-5111
>>------
>>rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
>>303-777-0436
>>------
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 16
>>Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 22:31:33 -0700
>>From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
>>Subject: Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>Message-ID:
>> <1c13e71c0905042231m63f8613bme5edd1f525b8b0c0 -at- mail -dot- gmail -dot- com>
>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>>Bitmaps work but make sure you match the output resolution or it might
>>get munged. Vector (AI or EPS) is safer.
>>
>>On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Greg Brown <greg -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- com -dot- au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Thanks for your replies.
>>> I tried the emf file option that was suggested, and it still didn't
>>> work. The text was not included in the diagram in the PDF but seemed to
>>> be included randomly as heading 1 over the next few pages! The png
>>> option seemed to work.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: techwr-l-bounces+greg -dot- brown=pronto -dot- com -dot- au -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+greg -dot- brown=pronto -dot- com -dot- au -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
>>> Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
>>> Sent: Tuesday, 5 May 2009 7:04 AM
>>> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> Subject: Re: PDF not capturing text in Visio diagram
>>>
>>> That's basically the same solution I've used the several times I've
>>> encountered bad PDF output from Visio diagrams embedded in FrameMaker,
>>> though I use AI or EPS, since I've had nothing but trouble with Windows
>>> metafiles.
>>>
>>> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net>
>>> wrote:
>>>> Word and Visio have some issues there.
>>>> Best approach I have is to create EMF from Visio, then use the EMF in
>>>> Wierd. (uh, Word) cheers Jay
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and
>>> publishing solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor,
>>> Microsoft Word or HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed
>>> manuals.
>>> http://www.doctohelp.com
>>>
>>> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual authors
>>> and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write once, publish
>>> to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
>>> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>>>
>>> ---
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as greg -dot- brown -at- pronto -dot- com -dot- au -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>> or visit
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/greg.brown%40pronto.c
>>> om.au
>>>
>>>
>>> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
>>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/lauriston
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>You are currently subscribed to
>>TECHWR-L.
>>To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l
>>Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>>
>>End of TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 43, Issue 5
>>***************************************
>
>
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
> solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
> HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/twins398%40hotmail.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat
>

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Storage1_052009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and publishing
solution. Author in Doc-To-Help's XML-based editor, Microsoft Word or
HTML and publish to the Web, Help systems or printed manuals.
http://www.doctohelp.com

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control! http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/listinfo/techwr-l-chat


Follow-Ups:

References:
Telecommute: Thanks!: From: magk

Previous by Author: RE: Missing Fonts in Frame
Next by Author: Docbook profiles conditioning
Previous by Thread: Telecommute: Thanks!
Next by Thread: Re: Telecommute: Thanks!


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads