Re: Acrobat 9.0 Professional text edits a no-go

Subject: Re: Acrobat 9.0 Professional text edits a no-go
From: Fox Cole <foxcole -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:19:29 -0500

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Combs, Richard <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com
> wrote:

> It opened fine in Firefox 3 w/ Acrobat Plug-In v7.00. I saved a copy to
> my desktop and opened it with Acrobat Pro 7 -- no problems. I think the
> problem must be on your end.

I have Firefox 3 but download files directly; I don't open PDFs in the
browser. Just a quirk of mine.

As I said, I'm using Acrobat 9.1 and PDF-XChange Viewer 2.0.

> What specifically do you mean by "threw errors"?

In a hurry because I'm at work, I didn't copy down the exact message from
each program---but they were about invalid file format, unsupported file
type or damaged file. Could be something on my end is damaging it, behind my
employer's firewall, virus checker and other security; but I would find that
disturbing. It's a PDF file. It's not as though this is an uncommon file
type.

I'll open it later in an editor and check the file header... that's what
usually causes those errors.

Cheers!
---Fox

If the world were a logical place, men would ride sidesaddle. -- Rita Mae
Brown

http://www.doctohelp.com