Re: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name

Subject: Re: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name
From: Evelyn Lee Barney <evbarney -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:07:45 -0400

StartLogic has also been a pain in my tail re: letting go of my
domains. I, too, am switching to GoDaddy.

StartLogic is a DISASTER.

The tech support rarely knows what they are doing.

They have been trained to start each and every sentenced by phone, in
chat and in email with "we are sorry for any inconvenience we may have
caused you."

Every time I tried to log in during the transfer process - my password
had to be reset.

I had privacy on one of my domains - and they simply would not let it
go. They gave me 3 separate sets of instructions on how to release it -
none of which worked. Then - they had me call them - said they had
taken care of it during the convo - then wrote to say "whoops - guess
not." ("we are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you." )

They then proceeded to tell me I had to fax them with all kinds of info
they already had - and include a picture of a government photo ID. The
fax number was always busy - so I emailed them a PDF, and explained
why. They emailed me back and said they could not open PDFs (WHAT?!)
and told me to fax the same number that had been busy for over two days.

When I wrote to them again, they sent me anohter email ("we are sorry
for any inconvenience we may have caused you" - gotta be a macro) and
said to use a different fax # (this one was not toll free)

I have done so - and they have acknowledged receipt, but the process is
not complete.

My advice to you is to stay as far away form StartLogic as possible.

Ev

http://www.doctohelp.com