RE: Paint Shop Pro X2 -- HELP!!!

Subject: RE: Paint Shop Pro X2 -- HELP!!!
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>, "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:46:16 -0600

Lauren wrote:

> > From: poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
>
> > 1. I need to take an existing line art image and drop out the
> > background and then import it into a FrameMaker 8.0 document.
>
> That is a transparency issue. You need to save the document with
> transparency information, usually as a .png or a .gif. <snip>

Right, but here's the rub: FM doesn't support transparency -- at least,
not in those formats.

I've read on this list that FM supports transparency in EPS graphics,
but have no personal experience with that. My rather ancient copy of PSP
(v7.0), doesn't have a transparency option for Save As Encapsulated
PostScript, but maybe it's been added in newer versions.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.