Re: My website saga - part 2

Subject: Re: My website saga - part 2
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:08:00 -0500

Hi Traci

Traci Pearson wrote:
> ...The first customer service
> person I talked to was wonderful! The second was
> lousy, and had me seriously reconsidering my
> decision to go with GoDaddy. Luckily the third
> and fourth were fine. Let's hope that's the norm.

LOL, that's actually a lot better than the norm for your typical
Customer Support Center. I've worked in these and know first hand that
it's totally luck of the draw.

Unfortunately many companies view this area of support as a necessary
evil. As a result, they are in a constant search for ways to cut costs
and reduce staffing. The staff that works in this capacity has to know
more than most folks in the company to do the job effectively.
Unfortunately, they are also the lowest paid. So you encounter the
spectrum of individuals, knowledge levels and service enthusiasm. The
worst of these will play computer games all day and just "get by" by
using common approaches like "Reboot and call back if that doesn't work"
just to get you off the call. (And keep their call stats within specs).
Others (as you have seen) are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cheers... Rick :)

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.