RE: PDFs as online help?

Subject: RE: PDFs as online help?
From: Paul Hanson <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:37:13 -0500

I do not use PDFs for our online Help - I code HTML with Dreamweaver and distribute RoboHelp's WebHelp format.

I think if you are on a window and you click Help, the PDF should always open to the correct page, not to the TOC. If the PDF does open to the specific page, I personally think it's fine. You're actually giving the user the added advantage of being able to print specific pages while controlling the header, footer, and page number that prints on the printed page.

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com
email: phanson at quintrex.com