Re: I don't even know how to google for this forgotten term?

Subject: Re: I don't even know how to google for this forgotten term?
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:51:39 -0500

Peter Neilson wondered:

<<What are the correct technical terms for a list with two columns,
where you can select items from the inactive column and move them over
to the active one? Or vice-versa.>>

I've found it convenient to think of this construction as two lists,
and to refer to them as the "include list" and the "don't include
list." If the lists can be long enough to display the scroll bar and
scroll box, I think of them as the "include scrolling list," or the
"scrolling include list," etc.



Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices

Free Software Documentation Project Web Cast: Covers developing Table of
Contents, Context IDs, and Index, as well as Doc-To-Help
2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

Previous by Author: Re: Getting interviews (was: job-hunt weirdness)
Next by Author: Re: baud vs. baud rate
Previous by Thread: Re: job-hunt weirdnes
Next by Thread: Re: job-hunt weirdness (Gene Kim-Eng)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads