Re: Am I Off the Wall?????

Subject: Re: Am I Off the Wall?????
From: Dossy Shiobara <dossy -at- panoptic -dot- com>
To: TechWr-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:42:44 -0400

On 7/13/09 10:11 AM, Pro TechWriter wrote:
> I have found that oDesk has some reasonable clients who will pay a decent
> amount of money for work. I don't work with guru.com any longer--I let that
> membership lapse after the first six months. People were charging $10 for a
> logo. Ridiculous.

How long does it really take to pick 2-3 complimentary colors, chose
typography, and draw a few swooshes in Illustrator? 10 minutes? That's
effectively $60/hour.

If you're clever, you create a few hundred of these over the course of a
few weeks, and just pick one and adapt to the bid you're responding to.
You could do this over and over and crank these out once a minute.

Sometimes, a project doesn't call for much originality - to declare
every single logo "a unique work of inspired art" is ignoring the needs
of the lower class. The irony is that one can live very comfortably
serving the needs of that particular niche: i.e., McDonalds burgers.

--
Dossy Shiobara | dossy -at- panoptic -dot- com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.