Re: Microsoft Manual of Style where oh where

Subject: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style where oh where
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:39:32 -0400

I'd like to thank everyone for your very kind and helpful answers. They
are greatly appreciated.

Yes, as Dan says, I need to have that particular standard for something.

Finally, in response to a few private emails, I would like to clarify: I
was not trying to get a free copy to avoid paying and get around
copyright issues.

There were several public announcements that MS was offering the .CHM
version for free. However, the link to the MS website went to a dead
page. When I finally located the book on the MS website, it is listed as
having no price, and no longer for sale. Just a book with an ISBN number.

I found the manual on SEVERAL sites going for as high as $200, and used
for $50! (NO guarantees of condition there, and I needed to know
something ASAP, not in a week or so).

Finally, I was under the impression (mistaken) that once something is
free, whoever owns that free item can give it to someone else. Perhaps
not. I do not know.

I'd like to thank Janice for pointing me in a direction where I can buy
something legally at a reasonable price, and others who have helpfully
offered to give me the info I need in the meantime.

As usual, this is a great group and I think you all for your help.

Deborah
http://www.tech-challenged.com