Re: Fortune cookies

Subject: Re: Fortune cookies
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:49:20 -0700

> If you do use oversize nails, #%#&*$^ you, it's your problem because we
> told you not to!"

The Sacramento airport now runs announcements to the effect that, "If you
leave your car unattended at the curb, it WILL be towed way without notice.
And believe me, those tow truck drivers work FAST!"

While someone may think that is cute, I find it insulting, with the message
clearly directed at those who only think of themselves and were never taught
that they are to co-exist in a world where courtiousness and compliance go a
LONG way toward making our everyday lives both safer and more rewarding.

I understand that, because of those folks, it may be necessary to be more
direct. Meanwhile, such announcements further serve to denegrate the entire
travel experience (as if the airlines need help!) and reflects poorly on
Sacramento.

Maybe software error messages should audibly command, "Hey, idiot! RTFM!"

> Chris

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.