Re: Red SAVE Button - Thank you Thank you

Subject: Re: Red SAVE Button - Thank you Thank you
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:31:56 -0500

Someone asked how Deborah gets "THESE" assignments. I want to thank her for
her personal efforts to keep the list interesting. Not only does she have
odd clients, but she goes to bat for the user at every point.

Thanks Deb, keep them coming! I'll take one of those clients any time--keeps
us on our toes :-)

Kathleen

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Deborah Hemstreet <
dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com> wrote:

> I just wanted confirmation that I was not totally out to lunch. Working
> at home as a contractor, I can run into others with rather strong
> opinions. And I think I thought I knew what I knew, but then I hear the
> other side's rationale, and feel like, OK, did I know what I knew or not?
>
> Anyway, I've been fighting them on this GUI for a while. They also have
> two menu bars, one on top of the other - Dark Red, and Black, now a
> light gray is added underneath. The problem (we won't discuss the menu
> bar problems... OK?) is that I ran their GUI through a color blind
> simulator, and for ALL types of color blind, the two bars blend into a
> wall of black with text "commands". They still have not absorbed this
> problem.
>
> I will try to fight the Red save button (Red background with white
> text)... already wrote them that I have some usability concerns.... they
> won't be happy - this GUI has been a couple years under development...
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Deborah
>
> Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com wrote:
> > So...what you're saying is that "save" actually means "delete"?
> >
> > -----Original Message----- From: Deborah Hemstreet
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Question: How would you react to a RED save button (next to a gray
> > cancel button).
> > The rationale? The red is part of the company's branding and page
> > colors....
> >
> > I know what I think, just want to see if others agree.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Deborah
> > http://www.tech-challenged.com
> >
> > --
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Free Software Documentation Project Web Cast: Covers developing Table of
> > Contents, Context IDs, and Index, as well as Doc-To-Help
> > 2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.
> > http://www.doctohelp.com/SuperPages/Webcasts/
> >
> > Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> > authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> > once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com -dot-

> > or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/dvora%40tech-challenged.com
> >

> > To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> >
> > Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> > http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
> >
> > Please move off-topic discussions to the Chat list, at:

> Free Software Documentation Project Web Cast: Covers developing Table of
> Contents, Context IDs, and Index, as well as Doc-To-Help
> 2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.
> http://www.doctohelp.com/SuperPages/Webcasts/

> [...]

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com
kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com
kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.