Re: Red Button - O MY! (end of that story - for now) - and NEW question

Subject: Re: Red Button - O MY! (end of that story - for now) - and NEW question
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:02:44 -0500

Congratulations, Deborah. That's a huge step that will make the
documentation task so much easier.

What did they do about the menu colors?

Re usability question: I recall a discussion of no greater than three levels
at at time in menus. I think that was one of Jakob Nielsen's
recommendations.

I'd think that would also apply to other aspects of any screen or form(?).
So if you're working on a screen, you'd lay things out so people could jump
to the topic or next step.

If you're working on a form, I recommend Jarrett and Gaffney's "Forms that
Work." Very easy to understand, well laid out book for designing/correcting
form designs. I think aspects of it would be applicable to multiple pages
designed for setting up systems, etc., too.

Kathleen

--
Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com