Re: Are tech writers inherently snobby?

Subject: Re: Are tech writers inherently snobby?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:40:56 -0700

Assuming that Karen's interpretation of the emails she received was correct, I
think the "conflating event" was the decision of their senders to send private
replies to open posts. Unless there is some reason to believe that the senders
chose this route because they believed that open replies might be embarressing
to Karen, for them to think that she would actually have some interest in being
insulted or otherwise offended by them in private in a manner they would not be
willing to have seen by all sounds to me like the height of arrogance.

Gene Kim-Eng