Re: Framemaker special characters in cross-reference

Subject: Re: Framemaker special characters in cross-reference
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:46:22 -0700

I don't think that's possible, since the cross-reference text all has
the same character format and thus is all one font.

If you can't find a font that contains that character, one possible
workaround is to mark the destination with a hypertext newlink marker
and create the cross-reference with a hypertext gotolink marker. Then
you can format the link text any way you like.

That's odd that the symbol appears when you update manually, it doesn't for me.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Nancy Allison<maker -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I am using a special character, using the Symbol font, in some of my subheads. Some cross-references refer to those subheads.
>
> When I update my book file, the special character disappears in the x-refs and the normal ASCII character replaces it.
>
> When I manually select the cross-reference and update it individually, the Symbol character reappears.
>
> Naturally, I was hoping to finish this book today . . .
>
> What is going on? How do I fix it?

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.