Re: Best tool for prepress?

Subject: Re: Best tool for prepress?
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:13:54 -0500

I would definitely look into InDesign--from at least version 2 of the
Creative Suite, InDesign could share files with other components of the
Suite, such as Illustrator files. I'm sure it's become much more versatile
since then. Even at CS2 level, it's a great program for what it was designed
to do.

It will be fun to see what others recommend (I hear that Quark is back in
the running as a layout tool).

Kathleen

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>wrote:

> Which tool would you use for a manual to be distributed only as a
> slick-looking offset-printed stapled booklet?
>
> InDesign?
>
> I'm used to single-sourcing for online help and PDF formatted 8.5" x
> 11" for laser printing so haven't given this much thought in years.
>
> Free Software Documentation Project Web Cast: Covers developing Table of
> Contents, Context IDs, and Index, as well as Doc-To-Help
> 2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.
> http://www.doctohelp.com/SuperPages/Webcasts/
>
> Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual
> authors and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write
> once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/kathleen%40writefortheuser.com

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com
kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com
kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.