RE: An apology; was: Re: Surreptitious reporting...

Subject: RE: An apology; was: Re: Surreptitious reporting...
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "'David Neeley'" <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:47:52 -0700

Apology accepted. I think this is my first email on this subject that
doesn't start with "I repeat, Feedback doesn't do..."

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as perhaps I should have been but this entire
discussion was started by me trying to be casually helpful to someone who
was looking for the some of the features in Feedback. I didn't post
comprehensively at that time because I assumed she could contact Sales for
more info.

There are Web 2.0 features in Feedback that you can allow, if you want, that
make it more than the basic server reports. You can allow people to rate
topics, make comments, and other stuff. But that stuff is all Opt in, I
believe, in that the user is aware they are doing it and have to click
something to that effect.

Re chm files reporting keywords back to your servers - I don't know how that
works. Again, it was the next product on my list to get into when I was sat
down.

Back to enjoying my coffee and the morning.

sharon

Sharon Burton
MadCap Software Product Consultant
Managing your content, one topic at a time
www.anthrobytes.com
951-369-8590
IM: sharonvburton -at- yahoo -dot- com