RE: Tools versus skill set

Subject: RE: Tools versus skill set
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:54:34 -0400

That sounds like a *great* job opportunity -- for a tech writer who
already knows Arbortext and Framemaker.

First, the company hires you. Then, they buy the tools -- probably using
your recommendations for versions, etc. Finally, you lead training for
everyone else -- which means that they'll use the tools according to
your own practices.

Not every tech writer is lucky enough to have that much influence on the
documentation process.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.