RE: TOOLS: Extract PDF MetaData Freeware

Subject: RE: TOOLS: Extract PDF MetaData Freeware
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "TechWhirl List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:47:43 -0500

That's definitely a big step in the right direction. I'm using Acrobat 9
Pro Extended. It lets me save as an .xmp file, which I can then open in
Notepad++. Appreciate your help on this, Robert!

You mentioned a scripting solution. One application of this ability to
extract the date data that I'd like to explore is this: How difficult
would it be to take a directory full of PDFs, extract the creation
dates, and append them to the front of each corresponding filename? I've
not done any scripting in PDF files, but I'm willing to explore the
possibility -- depending on time, cost, and learning curve.

Jim