Excel pagination Help

Subject: Excel pagination Help
From: "jopakent" <jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:32:46 -0700

I am feeling absolutely brain dead right now. I'm trying to do something
that seems so simple, yet I keep spinning my wheels. I've got a large-ish
spreadsheet that I need to print out to include in a presentation. The row
heights vary a good deal, based on the content. Some of the content ranges
from a couple of sentences (approx 1") to several paragraphs (some are 4 or
5 inches).

The issue I am having is trying to get the printed output to paginate so
that I don't have some pages with a single skinny row. The problem is that
when I use the Page Break Preview view to display the existing page breaks
and then drag the breaks to where I want them, the scaling shifts for the
entire sheet. That's not the look I want. I've got my column and page
margins and text size set up to read just the way I want them. (There are
multiple sheets and I want them all to look the same), so when Excel tweaks
the scaling down to 58%, it messes up what I'm looking for.

So my question is, how do I change the placement of the page break, without
changing the Scaling setting on the Page Setup dialog box.

XP SP2 and Excel 2002, plz cc me directly as I'm on digest, and thanks a ton
in advance as I'm (of course) on a deadline.

J. Paul Kent

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.